Date: January 26, 2022
Description: Health Partners on IPV + Exploitation and The National Health Care for the Homeless Council are excited to offer a national webinar addressing gender, homelessness, and a constellation of intersecting issues including behavioral health, human trafficking (HT), and interpersonal violence (IPV). Participants will learn foundations of gender justice in homelessness, strategies to strengthen community partnerships, and will hear from a panel of experts in the field. As a result of this Webinar, participants will be able to:
- Identify healing-centered strategies for community health centers to promote trauma-informed workplaces.
- Develop an understanding of the systems and intersections of behavioral health, housing injustice, substance use, and gender-based violence affecting patients and exacerbating the impact on survivors.
- Identify three tools to implement universal education approaches on healthy relationships, IPV and exploitation.
LC Faculty and Presenters:
National Health Care for the Homeless Council:
- Kelli Klein, BA, Clinical Coordinator (she/her/hers)
- Courtney Pladsen, DNP, FNP-BC, RN, Director of Clinical and Quality Improvement (she/her/hers)
Health Partners on IPV + Exploitation (Futures Without Violence):
- Surabhi Kukke, MPH, Consultant (she/her)
- Rebecca Levenson, MA, Senior Health Policy Consultant (she/her)
- Claudia Delfin, Program Coordinator at Corazon Harm Reduction (she/her/hers)
- Samantha Valez, Survivor and Peer Support (she/her)
- Landon (LJ) Woolston, MSW, Founder of Transpire Trainings (he/him and they/them)