Date: Thursday April 21, 2022
Duration: 90 minutes
Description: Health Partners on IPV + Exploitation and National Center for Medical-Legal Partnership are partnering to host a webinar on collaborations between health care providers and legal services providers to address intimate partner violence and exploitation and promote prevention. This webinar will help both Medical-Legal Partnerships and other health and legal services partners develop strategies and identify tools they can use to increase capacity to support patient-survivors of IPV or human trafficking/exploitation and promote universal education and healing-centered engagement on the health impacts of intimate partner violence and exploitation. Attention will be placed on community collaborative models that facilitate coordinated care and better outcomes for survivors and their communities.
Learning Objectives: As a result of this webinar participants will be able to:
- Identify strategies to build partnerships between civil legal services providers and community health centers to address the health and legal needs of survivors of intimate partner violence and exploitation.
- Describe strategies for sustaining and growing collaborative health justice responses to preventing and addressing intimate partner violence.
- Describe 3 tools that can help community health centers and civil legal services formalize partnerships and develop protocols for responding to domestic violence and building prevention strategies.
- Jessica Brock, JD LL.M, LAVA Project Director, Indiana Legal Services
- Kimberly S.G. Chang, MD, MPH, she/her/hers, Family Physician, Director of Human Trafficking and Healthcare Policy, Asian Health Services
- Bethany Hamilton, JD, she/her/hers, National Center for Medical-Legal Partnership, Co-Director
- Elena Josway, JD, she/her/ella, Program Director, Futures Without Violence
- Patricia Medige, JD, she/ella, Senior Attorney, Colorado Legal Services
- Nikole Nelson, JD, Executive Director, Alaska Legal Services
Questions? Please email Camila Sanchez Tejada firstname.lastname@example.org